12th Annual BC Seafood Festival
Ariane Colenbrander – Vancouverscape
June 4, 2018
The 12th Annual BC Seafood Festival is set to welcome an extensive list of chefs from BC (and around the world) to celebrate the bounty of BC seafood.
This 10-day celebration, held annually in Vancouver Island’s beautiful Comox Valley, will take place from Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 17.
New for 2018, the BC Seafood Festival Signature Weekend (Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park, Comox) will be extended to three days, featuring new events and celebrations including celebrity chef demonstrations, award-winning shellfish and seafood tastings, interactive and educational displays plus competitions.
The Fanny Bay Oyster Shucking Competition and the Ocean Wise™ Chowder Challenge are two very popular competitions held during the festival.
Entertaining dinners, Canada’s largest happy hour oyster bar, a seafood brunch cookout and more will make this year’s BC Seafood Festival the best in its 12-year history!
Purchase a Signature Weekend Day pass to enjoy a few of these highlights:
– Learn to cook BC seafood at two different celebrity chef demonstration stages
– Over 15 seafood tasting stations – meet the producers and chefs
– Over 15 BC craft beer, wine and spirit tasting stations
– Live music performances
– Kids interactive zone with touch tanks, interactive displays and seafood cooking classes
International Celebrity Chefs include:
– Chef Tony Su, Ming Court, Cordis Shanghai; Shanghai
– Chef Mark Best, Marque, Bistro by Mark Best; Sydney, Australia
– Chef Tim Ho, The Food Gallery, The Langham; Hong Kong
US Celebrity Chefs include:
– Chef Scott Schneider, Ai Fiori, The Langham; New York
– Chef Abby Ferrer, Star Noodle; Maui, Hawaii
– Chef Jose Duartes, Taranta; Boston
The growing list of regional and domestic chefs currently includes:
– Chef Ronald St. Pierre, Locals Restaurant
– Chef Nigel McMeans, Blackfin Pub
– Chef Chance Wilke, Avenue Bistro
– Chef Sloane Romano, Atlas Café
– Laura Agnew, As You Like It
– Dawn McRae, Custom Gourmet
– Chef Aaron Rail, White Whale Restaurant
– Chef Todd Radford, High Tide Public House
– Chef Xavier Bauby, Culinary Arts
– Chef Christian Arbez and Chef Melania Pearson, Thrifty Foods Truck
– Chef Morgan Wilson, The Fairmont Empress Hotel
– Chef Hidekazu Tojo, Tojo’s
– Chef Pino Posteraro, Cioppinos
– Chef Ned Bell, Ocean Wise™
– Chef Chris Andraza, Fanny Bay Oysters Bar
– Chef Andrea Carlson, Burdock & Co.
– Chef Jenice Yu, FISH
– Chef Jennifer Peters, Next Jen
– Chef Eva Chin, Royal Dinette
– Chef Caitlin Mark, H2 Westin Bayshore
– Chef Shelome Bouvette, ChiCha
– Chef Lisa Ahier, Sobo, Tofino
– Chef Melissa Craig, Bearfoot Bistro, Whistler
– Chef Isabel Chung, Fairmont Chateau Whistler
– Chef Darren McLean, Shokurin
– Chef Matthias Fong, River Café
– Sal Howell, Proprietor River Café
– Chef Nicole Gomes, Top Chef Canada Winner 2017
And for the first time, the festival includes Culinary Team British Columbia chefs Chris Braun, Vincenzo Capitano, Aaron Hoffman, Leah Patitucci, Tina Tang, Kurt Waddington and Team Manager, JC Felicella.
Visit BC Seafood Festival online for details, to reserve tickets and accommodation or phone the Vancouver Island Visitors Center at 1.855.400.2882.
Don’t forget to join the conversation online and tag your photos with #BCSeafoodFest.