Canada’s All-Star Chefs Descend on Vancouver Island’s Comox Valley for Fresh Fest
May 17, 2017
Vancouver, BC – The BC Shellfish and Seafood Festival is gearing up to celebrate BC Seafood Month with Western Canada’s largest annual seafood festival in the Comox Valley from June 9 to 18. Fresh Fest is the festival’s signature event set for Saturday, June 10. With the award-winning Coastal Black Winery as the backdrop, Canada’s top chefs will be cooking up fresh farm raised BC seafood paired with BC VQA wines.
This bountiful seafood showcase invites guests to personally interact with the chefs at each station, while enjoying the incredible musical talents of local BC musician, Ari Neufeld.
Fresh Fest will feature an all-star line-up of the country’s top-level chefs including:
- Chef Jinhee Lee of Foreign Concept in Calgary (2017 Gold Medal Plates Champion)
- Chef Duncan Ly of Foreign Concept in Calgary (2010 and 2013 Gold Medal Plates Champion, Silver & Bronze Medalist in 2008, 2009, 2012)
- Chef Trevor Bird of Fable Kitchen in Vancouver (2017 and 2012 Top Chef Canada Competitor)
- Renowned Chef and Cookbook Author Rod Butters of RauDZ Regional Kitchen in Kelowna
- Chef Brock Bowes of RauDZ Regional Kitchen in Kelowna (2015 Chopped Canada Winner)
- Celebrity Chef Ned Bell of Vancouver Aquarium and Ocean Wise in Vancouver
- Chef Nick Nutting of Wolf in the Fog in Tofino (Air Canada enRoute Magazine’s Best New Restaurant in Canada title in 2014)
- Chef Chef Darren MacLean of Shokunin in Calgary Voted #39 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2016
- Chef Ronald St. Pierre of Locals Restaurant in Courtenay
- Chef Siddharth Choudhary of Siddhartha’s Indian Kitchen in Vancouver
- Chef Nyle Petherbridge of Kingfisher Resort & Spa in Courtenay
- Chef Nathan Tymchuk, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, Victoria
For more information on each of the chefs visit here.
Tickets for Fresh Fest are $99.50 plus tax and service charge and can be purchased online here.
‘This event truly captures the essence of the BC Shellfish and Seafood Festival by bringing together top chefs and showcasing sustainable seafood to celebrate the bounty of the ocean, and expand the range of reasons for guests to visit the Comox Valley.”
–Bill Anglin, Chair of the Comox Valley Economic Development and Tourism Destination Marketing Advisory Committee
“I’m super stoked to be working with an amazing line up of chefs representing the best of sustainable, Canadian seafood. West coast is the best!”
–Chef Trevor Bird, Fable Kitchen, Vancouver
“Can’t wait to come back to Vancouver Island. I grew up here, and I love the island, the sea and working with the best quality sustainable seafood and local products available here.”
–Chef Brock Bowes, RaUDz Regional Kitchen, Kelowna
”Fresh Fest this year is going to be delicious! As Ocean Wise Executive Chef I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such amazing culinary talent from the Okanagan, Vancouver & The Island celebrating responsible Aquaculture.”
–Chef Ned Bell, Ocean Wise Executive Chef, Vancouver
About Culinary Marketing Strategies:
CMS specializes in strategic culinary marketing consulting, culinary tourism development, custom content, event planning and execution. We develop, design and implement customized marketing programs for clients in Canada, the United States and internationally.
From large corporate events to intimate gatherings, we deliver creative marketing concepts and strategies, and unforgettable culinary events with the world’s top culinary personalities.
Event and Chef Interviews
Culinary Marketing Strategies