[Sneak Peek] 2018 BC Seafood Festival
Diana Chan – Foodology
May 30, 2018
The 2018 BC Seafood Festival is almost upon us. Just a few weeks left until it begins on June 8th – 17th in Comox Valley on Vancouver Island.
The festival is twice as large as the previous year and is perfect for foodies who love BC seafood. It’s a great chance to learn and explore the depths of the ocean and the varieties of seafood.
For 11 days, there are a series of events happening to give visitors a chance to taste, explore, and experience fresh and local BC seafood. BC produces over 100 sustainable seafood products exported domestically and internationally.
The Signature Weekend is on June 16 & 17 from 11 am – 5 pm at Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park, Comox. There is lots to do and you can purchase various passes to enjoy the plethora of activity and eats.
- Learn to Cook BC Seafood at numerous Celebrity Chef Demos featuring National and International Chefs
- Take in action-packed competitions including the Fanny Bay Oyster Shucking Competition and the Ocean Wise Chowder Challenge
- Enjoy 10+ BC Seafood Roving Tasting Stations; meet the producers and incredible chefs
- Pair seafood at any of the 15+ BC Craft Beer, Wine and Spirit Tastings Stations
- While you slurp seafood, enjoy live musical performances
- Explore the Kids Interactive Zone featuring numerous Touch Tanks & Interactive Displays, including the first visit to the Festival by the Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan
If you want to spend time at the BC Seafood Festival, this is the weekend to be there to enjoy as much as possible.
Outside the Signature Weekend, there are a lot of events happening from June 8th to 17th. A few of the events are sold out, but here are still a lot that are very affordable at $15 per person. Check their website as new events are added daily.
Read the rest of this article here.